Rose Parade Travel Package
UMass has announced the availability of a variety of travel and ticket package options for alumni & fans to see the Minuteman Marching Band march in the 2018 Rose Parade!
The 4-day itinerary includes:
Dec. 28 – Group Travel to California
Dec. 29 – BandFest show (1:30 pm); self-guided float barn tour
Dec. 30 – Disneyland (all day)
Dec. 31 – Excursions, New Year’s Eve dinner party
Jan. 1 – Rose Parade (8:00 am)
Deposits are requested by June 16, 2017 and are being coordinated by Bob Rogers Travel.
Reserve Your Spot Today! (Enter Trip ID MA000200014 in the ‘New Users’ box)
- Ground transportation in Los Angeles via deluxe 55 passenger, climate controlled, DVD and restroom equipped motor coaches
- Gratuities for your motor coach drivers
- Four (4) nights’ accommodations at the Embassy Suites Anaheim North
- Four (4) breakfasts at the hotel
- Group dinner at Karl Strauss Brewing Company (or similar)
- Group dinner and DJ at the hotel on New Year’s Eve
- Excursion to Venice Beach or Hollywood Boulevard
- All taxes, service charges, and gratuities for restaurant and hotel facilities
- On-site trip coordinator who manages all trip details at your destination
- Includes ‘Full Ticket Package’ (below)
- DOES NOT include Air Package
Land Package Pricing
Bob Rogers Travel will coordinate flight prices and itineraries from the following airports only to a Los Angeles area airport: Hartford/Springfield, Boston, Albany, Newark, Philadelphia, Washington/Dulles, Chicago/O’Hare, or Chicago/Midway.
If you wish to use any other airport, you are required to make your own reservations, and are responsible for transportation to the group hotel if purchasing the Land Package.
- Depart AM Thurs., Dec. 28, Return PM Mon., Jan. 1 (some flights will arrive at east coast airports early in the morning on Tue., Jan. 2).
- Airline bag fees will not be included. Most airlines are charging $25/bag each way.
- Travelers selecting this package will be provided round-trip transfers to/from LA area airport to the group hotel.
Air Package Pricing
- TBD – Bob Rogers Travel is waiting for the airlines to release January 2018 schedules.
- Airfare schedules and pricing will be available at the end of May when all airlines (United, Southwest, American, JetBlue, Spirit) have released their schedules through January 2018.
Full Ticket Package – $305
- One Day Admission to Disneyland (one day, one park ticket)
- Admission to Tournament of Roses Bandfest
- Self Guided Tour of a Tournament of Roses Float Barn
- Includes ‘Grandstand Parade Seating Package’ (below)
Grandstand Parade Seating Package – $125
- Reserved grandstand seats for the Tournament of Roses Parade in the UMass Section with Parade Program and Souvenir UMass Seat Cushion
If you have a question not answered, please add it below!
If I need help making my reservation, who can I call?
Call or email Kim (1.800.373.1423 x243 or email@example.com) or Stacey (1.800.373.1423 x211 or firstname.lastname@example.org) at Bob Rogers Travel.
How does the payment plan work?
Once you make your initial reservation through Bob Rogers Travel, you’ll pay a $250 deposit. The balance will be paid in monthly installments, with the remainder due in November. If you have questions, please call or email Kim or Stacey (info above) at BRT.
Does the Land Package include event tickets?
Yes. If you purchase the Land Package, tickets and transportation to Disneyland, BandFest, and the Rose Parade are included.
Do I have to buy both the Land and Air packages through Bob Rogers Travel?
No. We designed these packages to allow flexibilities for folks traveling with varying needs.
Is there any estimate on what the A ir Package will cost?
Bob Rogers Travel is waiting for most airlines to release their January 2018 schedules before negotiating pricing. Schedules are expected by the end of May. For budgeting purposes, r/t flights on some airlines (BDL-LAX and BOS-LAX) are already listed as low as $500-700 on American and Southwest.
Where along the parade route will the UMass group be?
The 400+ strong UMass fan group attending the Rose Parade will be seated in Area 4, in the 1580 E Colorado Blvd grandstand.
If I buy Rose Parade tickets elsewhere, can I still sit with the UMass group?
Seating is assigned. So our best estimate (so long as tickets are available) is that you can sit close to the UMass group in the Area 4 (1580 E Colorado Blvd grandstand).
On which days will the UMMB perform at Disneyland or BandFest?
The band will perform at BandFest on Dec. 29th (show starts at 1:30 pm). Disney will be on Dec. 30th (performance time TBD).