Rose Parade Travel Package
UMass has announced the availability of a variety of travel and ticket package options for alumni & fans to see the Minuteman Marching Band march in the 2018 Rose Parade! OVER 400 ALUMNI, PARENTS & FANS HAVE PURCHASED PARADE TICKETS THUS FAR!!!
Looking for “group” travel?
Reservations for packages with Bob Rogers Travel have closed, BUT a limited number of seats are available on the UMMB’s charter for $1,045 r/t. Contact Eliza Fraser in the band office (413-545-3410) for availability and details. This is airfare only. You must make local lodging, ticketing, and transportation arrangements on your own.
Looking for parade tickets?
The UMass travel party will be seated in the Area 4 Grandstand at 1580 E. Colorado Blvd. Buy tickets.
Please refer to email from Bob Rogers Travel (BRT) for specifics pertaining to your travel plans.
- Band members report to the GNiP by 11:59 pm Wednesday evening.
- BRT/Boston passengers (BOS to SNA) arrive at Logan at 4:30 am. BRT’s Lesa Knight will assist with airline check-in.
- BRT/Hartford passengers (BDL to LAX) arrive at Bradley at 6:00 am. BRT’s Judy Tranos will assist with airline check-in.
- 8:30 am depart for Parade Float viewing at Rose Bowl
- 12:00 pm depart for BandFest
- 1:00 pm BandFest begins; 3:35 pm UMMB performance
- 5:00 pm depart for group dinner at The Catch
- 8:30 pm return to group hotel
- 9:00 am depart for Disneyland
- TBD – UMMB performs in Disneyland’s “A Christmas Fantasy” pre-parade
- 5:00 pm – UMass Alumni Social in West Hollywood
(NOT PART OF TRAVEL PACKAGE)
- 10:00 pm return to group hotel
- 8:30 am depart for Alhambra High School; 10:00 am UMMB rehearsal
- 12:00 pm depart for Hollywood Boulevard (sightseeing)
- 4:00 pm return to group hotel
- 7:00 pm New Year’s Eve Dinner at hotel; 9:00 pm Watch NYC Ball Drop live
- 5:00 am Check Out of hotel (if not returning after parade)
- 5:30 am Depart for Parade
- 8:00 am Parade Step Off
- 12:00 pm return to group hotel
- 2:00 pm Check Out, depart hotel
- BRT/Boston passengers (SNA to BOS)
- 3:00 pm depart hotel for The District at Tustin Legacy
- 6:00 pm depart for SNA
- BRT/Hartford passengers (LAX to BDL)
- 3:00 pm depart hotel for Santa Monica Pier
- 7:30 pm depart for LAX
If you have a question not answered, please add it below!
If I need help with my reservation, who can I call?
Call or email Kim (1.800.373.1423 x243 or email@example.com) or Stacey (1.800.373.1423 x211 or firstname.lastname@example.org) at Bob Rogers Travel.
Where along the parade route will the UMass group be?
The 400+ strong UMass fan group attending the Rose Parade will be seated in Area 4, in the 1580 E Colorado Blvd grandstand.
If I buy Rose Parade tickets elsewhere, can I still sit with the UMass group?
Seating is assigned. You can sit with or close to the UMass group in the Area 4 (1580 E Colorado Blvd grandstand).