Join us for Homecoming 2017 (October 20-21) as the Minutemen take on the Ohio University Bobcats!
We’re planning a variety of family-friendly events you won’t want to miss, including a reception before Multibands, the Homecoming Parade, Band Alumni Tailgate, Alumni Band Halftime, and My Way at Postgame!
Join us for the 43rd Annual Multiband Pops Concert. The 2017 Minuteman Band Hall of Fame inductee(s) will be announced after the intermission. After the concert, we’ll gather at the Hangar to socialize and pretend no one ever really left college 🙂
Watch the Fine Arts Center Box Office website for tickets.
The band has some horns (mellophones, euphoniums, tubas) and percussion equipment for alumni band members to borrow. Please indicate so when registering.
If you need another type of horn, please borrow one from a friend, or consider playing a different horn we can provide (for example, you played trumpet, but we can loan you a mello).
If you need a lyre… please do your best to buy or borrow one. The band has a few to loan out (including Flutist Friends), but it’s first-come, first-served.
Schedule (times TBD)
Schedule will be fine-tuned as we get closer, but here’s a general clue:
- Check-in, socializing
- Music rehearsal
- Parade prep, float decorating
- Homecoming Parade
- Rehearsal at stadium
- Baby Band concert
- Pregame Show
- Game kickoff
- Baby Band & Alumni Band combine to perform ‘Fight Mass’ and ‘1812.’
Alumni Band to perform ‘tune TBD’.
- Return instruments (in cases), music, lyres to Equipment Staff beneath Section 1 of stadium.
- Following the UMMB’s 5th Quarter show, all band alumni and their families are encouraged join the band on the field to sing “My Way.”
- And after “My Way,” all brothers and sisters of KKΨ, TBΣ, ΦMA, ΣAΙ, and of course our own ΦBΔ, will gather at the 50 yard line.
Band Alumni Tailgate is where you want to be! Our tailgate area is on the grassy lawn outside the Football Performance Center at Yellow Lot #11. In partnership with the Band Parents Association, we’ll have tents and grills available for use.
Please note that for 2017, Yellow Lot #11 is for season ticket holder parking only.
Participating members of the halftime alumni band will be comped one (1) ticket each.
Where should we sit during the game?
Sections 5-7 on the press box side are ideal for access to general admission seats and for watching the UMMB perform during the game and at halftime. Section 17 is good for those who wish to sit with the band during the game.
The band performs its halftime show to the press box side.
For those only attending the game, and for those attending the game with family/friends, you can get discount group rate tickets (see below).
PHONE ORDERS ONLY. No online option. Call Doug Bean in the UMass Ticket Office at 413-577-7254 (BEFORE 12 NOON ON FRIDAY, OCT 20) and identify yourself as part of the Band Group for the group rate. You will need to pick up tickets at the stadium Will Call window on game day.
All stadium parking will be paid parking for the 2017 season.
- If you show up on gameday and buy a game ticket at the gate, parking will be $10.
- If you purchase parking online ahead of time, it’s just $5.
- Free parking included with purchase of season tickets.
- If purchasing season tickets, please call the UMass Ticket Office to receive a $10 band discount (not available thru Ticketmaster).
If you choose to walk from other campus lots, the closest available free lots are beyond the Mullins Center (Lot #25) and the Visitors lots (Lot #32 and #71) next to Whitmore.
To park close to the Band Building, use Hicks Way Red Lot #64. This is between the Band Building and Commonwealth Honors College.