Join us for Homecoming 2017 (October 20-21) as the Minutemen take on the Ohio University Bobcats!
Join us for the 43rd Annual Multiband Pops Concert. The 2017 Minuteman Band Hall of Fame inductee(s) will be announced after the intermission. After the concert, we’ll gather at the Hangar to socialize and pretend no one ever really left college 🙂
Tickets are on sale through the Fine Arts Center Box Office.
The band has some horns (mellophones, euphoniums, tubas) and percussion equipment for alumni band members to borrow. Please indicate so when registering.
If you need another type of horn, please borrow one from a friend, or consider playing a different horn we can provide (for example, you played trumpet, but we can loan you a mello).
If you need a lyre… please do your best to buy or borrow one. The band has a few to loan out (including Flutist Friends), but it’s first-come, first-served.
Schedule will be fine-tuned as we get closer, but here’s a general clue:
Morning (at Band Building)
- 9:00 am – Check-in, socializing
- 9:30 – 10:30 am – Music rehearsal
- 10:30 – 11:30 am – Homecoming Parade
- 10:30 am – Begin pre-staging alumni cars for parking in Lot 22B
- 11:30 am – Parking Lots Open
- 12 – 1 pm – Rehearsal at stadium
WE WILL NOT HAVE LOANER INSTRUMENTS AT THE STADIUM. IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND MORNING MUSIC REHEARSAL, PLEASE ASK A FRIEND TO BRING YOUR LOANER TO THE STADIUM.
- 1 – 3 pm – Tailgating
- 2:15 – 2:45 pm – Baby Band concert
Band Tailgate Area in front of Football Performance Center
- 3:10 pm – Pregame Show
- 3:30 pm – Game kickoff
- approx. 5:00 pm – Baby Band performs, combined bands perform Fight Mass and Twilight Shadows
- Return instruments (in cases), music, lyres to Equipment Staff in bay beneath Section 1 of stadium.
- Following the UMMB’s 5th Quarter show, all band alumni and their families are encouraged join the band on the field to sing “My Way.”
- And after “My Way,” all brothers and sisters of KKΨ, TBΣ, ΦMA, ΣAΙ, and of course our own ΦBΔ, will gather at the 50 yard line.
Band Alumni Tailgate is an informal affair. This year aim to park in the southwest corner of Lot 22, the purple lot along University Drive, closest to the stadium. This area is reserved so get there early!
Our tailgate is on the grassy area between the Football Performance Center and Yellow Lot 11. Band Alumni are encouraged to join the fun!
Participating members of the alumni band will be comped one (1) ticket each.
Where should we sit during the game?
Sections 5-7 on the press box side are ideal for access to general admission seats and for viewing/hearing the UMMB perform during the game. Section 17 is good for those who wish to sit with near the band during the game.
The band performs its halftime show to the press box side.
For those only attending the game, and for those attending the game with family/friends, you can get discount group rate tickets (see below).
PHONE ORDERS ONLY. No online option. Call Doug Bean in the UMass Ticket Office at 413-577-7254 (BEFORE 12 NOON ON FRIDAY, OCT 20) and identify yourself as part of the Band Group for the group rate. You will need to pick up tickets at the stadium Will Call window on game day.
All stadium parking will be paid parking for the 2017 season.
- If you show up on gameday to buy a game ticket at the gate, parking will be $10.
- If you purchase parking online ahead of time, it’s just $5.
- Free parking included with purchase of season tickets.
- If purchasing season tickets, please call the UMass Ticket Office to receive a $10 band alumni discount. Not available thru Ticketmaster.
If you choose to walk from other campus lots, the closest available are beyond the Mullins ice rink and the Visitors lots across from Whitmore.
To park close to the Band Building, use Hicks Way Red Lot 64. This is between the Band Building and Commonwealth College.