Here is your guide to Band Alumni activities, tailgating, tickets, and parking. Questions? Ask below.
Details are still coming together, but this is a FAMILY-ORIENTED activity! Bring your kids and partners to help decorate our float. They can even march along with band alumni.
The parade steps off at 10:00 am. We anticipate decorating as early as 8:00 am.
The band has some horns (mellophones, euphoniums, tubas) and percussion equipment for alumni band members to borrow. Please indicate so when registering.
If you need another type of horn, please borrow one from a friend, or consider playing a different horn we can provide (for example, you played trumpet, but we can loan you a mello).
If you need a lyre… please do your best to buy or borrow one. The band has a few to loan out (including Flutist Friends), but it’s first-come, first-served.
Alumni Band Schedule (times TBD)
Schedule will be fine-tuned as we get closer, but here’s a general clue:
- Parade prep, float decorating
- Homecoming Parade
- Check-in, socializing
- Music run-through
- Rehearsal at stadium
- Baby Band concert
- Pregame Show
- Game kickoff
- Baby Band & Alumni Band combine to perform ‘Fight Mass’ and ‘1812.’
Alumni Band to perform ‘tune TBD’.
- Return instruments (in cases), music, lyres to Equipment Staff beneath Section 1 of stadium.
- Following the UMMB’s 5th Quarter show, all band alumni and their families are encouraged join the band on the field to sing “My Way.”
- And after “My Way,” all brothers and sisters of KKΨ, TBΣ, ΦMA, ΣAΙ, and of course our own ΦBΔ, will gather at the 50 yard line.
Band Alumni Tailgate is where you want to be! Our tailgate area is on the grassy lawn outside the Football Performance Center at Yellow Lot #11. In partnership with the Band Parents Association, we’ll have tents and grills available for use.
Please note that for 2017, Yellow Lot #11 is for season ticket holder parking only.
Participating members of the halftime alumni band will be comped one (1) ticket each. Additional tickets are available through Ticketmaster.
Where should we sit during the game?
Sections 5-7 on the press box side are ideal for access to general admission seats and for watching the UMMB perform during the game and at halftime. Section 17 is good for those who wish to sit with the band during the game.
The band performs its halftime show to the press box side.
All stadium parking will be paid parking for the 2017 season.
- If you show up on gameday and buy a game ticket at the gate, parking will be $10.
- If you purchase parking online ahead of time, it’s just $5.
- Free parking included with purchase of season tickets.
If you choose to walk from other campus lots, the closest available free lots are beyond the Mullins Center (Lot #25) and the Visitors lots (Lot #32 and #71) next to Whitmore.
To park close to the Band Building, use Hicks Way Red Lot #64. This is between the Band Building and Commonwealth Honors College.