Here is your guide to Band Alumni activities, tailgating, tickets, and parking.
Questions? Read our FAQs.
Alumni Band Schedule (Sat., Nov. 3)
- 8:30 – 11:30 – Pancake Breakfast (Band Building)
- Instrument Pickup
- Informal Music Sectionals/Rehearsal
- Hang-out with UMMB/watch them rehearse
- Parade Cancelled/Rain
9:30 – Report time for Homecoming Parade (Band Building) 10:30 – Homecoming Parade step-off (Haigis Mall)
- 11:30 – Tailgating Begins
- Lot #11 / Football Performance Center
- Bring a dish to share. Grills will be available to cook.
- Tailgating (there will be some tents)
1:00 – 2:30 – Alumni Band rehearsal (Gladchuk Field, behind Lot #11)• CANCELLED/expecting muddy conditions
- 2:30 – Baby Band concert at Tailgate
- 3:00 – Pregame Show
- 3:30 – Game kickoff
- Baby Band will perform ‘Aretha Franklin’ medley
- Alumni Band will perform ‘Somewhere’
- Combined Bands to perform ‘My Way’
- Return instruments (in cases), music, lyres to Equipment Staff beneath Section 1 of stadium.
- Following the UMMB’s 5th Quarter show, all band alumni and their families are encouraged join the band on the field to sing “My Way.”
- And after “My Way,” all brothers and sisters of KKΨ, TBΣ, ΦMA, ΣAΙ, and ΦBΔ, will gather at the 50 yard line.
Bring your kids and partners to march WITH THE UMMB!
The parade steps off at 10:00 am. Report time is 9:30 SHARP at the Band Building.
NOTE: Below is last year’s map. Parade will START at Haigis Mall, and END at the stadium. The route through town remains the same.
Parade Route (click map to enlarge).
The band has some horns (mellos, euphs, tubas), flags, and percussion equipment for alumni band members to borrow. Please indicate so when registering.
If borrowing an instrument…
REQUIRED: Fill out this “rental form” to help us get a horn for you.
Due to the size of the UMMB this year, there is EXTREMELY LIMITED availability outside of mellos, euphs, tubas, and percussion. Woodwinds MUST PROVIDE their own reeds and neckstraps.
If you need another type of horn, please borrow one from a friend, or consider playing a different horn we can provide (for example, you played trumpet, but we can loan you a mello).
If you need a lyre…
Please do your best to buy or borrow one. The band has a few to loan out (including Flutist Friends), but it’s first-come, first-served.
Band Alumni Tailgate is where you want to be! Our tailgate area is on the grassy lawn outside the Football Performance Center at Yellow Lot #11. In partnership with the Band Parents Association, we’ll have tents and grills available for use.
Please note that Yellow Lot #11 is for season ticket holder parking only.
Participating members of the halftime alumni band will be comped one (1) ticket each. Additional tickets are available through UMass Athletics.
If you arrive late, be aware that tickets are scanned throughout the game.
Where should we sit during the game?
Sections 5-7 on the press box side are ideal for watching the UMMB perform during the game and at halftime. Section 17 is good for those who wish to sit with the band during the game.
The band performs its halftime show to the press box side.
All stadium parking is paid parking.
- If you show up on gameday and buy a game ticket at the gate, parking will be $10 cash.
- If you purchase parking online ahead of time, it’s just $5.
- Lot #11 is reserved for season ticket holders.
If you choose to walk from campus lots, the closest available free lots are beyond the Mullins Center and the Visitors lots across from Whitmore.
To park close to the Band Building, use Hicks Way Red Lot #64. This is between the Band Building and Commonwealth Honors College.