In 1993 the Minuteman Band Alumni Association instituted the Minuteman Marching Band Hall of Fame to recognize those who have made contributions and truly embody “Power and Class”.
We are asking you to help us to recognize individuals who have made truly exceptional contributions and/or performed extraordinary service to the Minuteman Marching Band at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
Individuals nominated to the Hall of Fame must be of excellent character and have performed extraordinarily in service to the Minuteman Band.
Nominations will be solicited from all band alumni, band supporters and members of the Hall of Fame. An individual must be nominated by someone other than himself or herself.
Nominations will be accepted through August 31, 2016. Inductee(s) will be announced at the Multiband Pops Concert on September 30th.
Nominations must contain a rationale for consideration and other pertinent biographical information:
- You may nominate:
- Any candidate who is a former band member (having graduated or left the university at least 5 years ago), and has made significant and extraordinary contributions to the Minuteman Marching Band over a period of many years, and/or,
- Any person or organization who is not a former band member, but has made significant and extraordinary contributions to the Minuteman Marching Band over a period of many years.
- Please document the nominee’s background with, and contributions to, the Minuteman Marching Band.
- Explain why you feel this candidate should be considered for induction in the Minuteman Band Hall of Fame.
- In your nomination letter, include your contact information along with your signature and the date you completed and submitted this letter.
- Include any letter(s) of support from any person who also supports your nominee.
Awardee(s) are traditionally announced at the Multibands Pops gala and later recognized at Band Banquet at the end of the year.
We look forward to receiving and reviewing your submissions.
Any questions regarding criteria and nomination procedures, please contact us.