OVER 400 ALUMNI, PARENTS & FANS HAVE PURCHASED PARADE TICKETS to see the Minuteman Marching Band march in the 2018 Rose Parade!
Reservations for travel packages have closed. Use the itinerary below to build your own travel schedule.
The UMass travel party will be seated in the Area 4 Grandstand at 1580 E. Colorado Blvd (tickets for this section are sold out).
The UMMB will appear early in the parade — the 4th band and the 11th unit overall — following the United States Marine Corps Drum & Bugle Corps, the United States Marine Corps Band West Coast Composite Band, and the Londonderry High School Marching Band (which is led by UMMB alum Serge Beaulieu).
Check your local listings. The parade airs live January 1st at 11:00 am ET and 8:00 am PT on ABC and NBC stations, in addition to HGTV and the Hallmark Channel.
Or stream live online:
Please refer to email from Bob Rogers Travel (BRT) or from the Band Office for specifics pertaining to your travel package.
- Band members report to the GNiP by 11:59 pm Wednesday evening.
- BRT/Boston passengers (BOS to SNA) arrive at Logan at 4:30 am. BRT’s Lesa Knight will assist with airline check-in.
- BRT/Hartford passengers (BDL to LAX) arrive at Bradley at 6:00 am. BRT’s Judy Tranos will assist with airline check-in.
- 12:00 pm UMMB rehearsal at Huntington Beach High School
(NOT PART OF TRAVEL PACKAGE)
- 8:30 am depart for Parade Float viewing at Rose Bowl
- 12:00 pm depart for BandFest
- 1:00 pm BandFest begins; 3:35 pm UMMB performance
- 5:00 pm depart for group dinner at The Catch
- 8:30 pm return to group hotel
- 9:00 am depart for Disneyland
- 3:20 pm – UMMB performs in Disneyland’s “A Christmas Fantasy” Pre-Parade
- 5:00 pm – UMass Alumni Social in West Hollywood
(NOT PART OF TRAVEL PACKAGE)
- 10:00 pm return to group hotel
- 8:30 am depart for Angels Stadium; watch 10:00 am UMMB rehearsal
- 12:00 pm depart for Hollywood Boulevard (sightseeing)
- 4:00 pm return to group hotel
- 7:00 pm New Year’s Eve Dinner at hotel; 9:00 pm Watch NYC Ball Drop live
- 5:00 am Check Out of hotel (if not returning after parade)
- 5:30 am Depart for Parade
- 8:00 am Parade Step Off
- 12:00 pm return to group hotel
- 2:00 pm Check Out, depart hotel
- BRT/Boston passengers (SNA to BOS)
- 3:00 pm depart hotel for The District at Tustin Legacy
- 6:00 pm depart for SNA
- BRT/Hartford passengers (LAX to BDL)
- 3:00 pm depart hotel for Santa Monica Pier
- 7:30 pm depart for LAX
If you have a question not answered, please add it below!
If I need help with my reservation, who can I call?
Call or email Kim (1.800.373.1423 x243 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Stacey (1.800.373.1423 x211 or email@example.com) at Bob Rogers Travel.
Where along the parade route will the UMass group be?
The 400+ strong UMass fan group attending the Rose Parade will be seated in Area 4, in the 1580 E Colorado Blvd grandstand.
If I buy Rose Parade tickets elsewhere, can I still sit with the UMass group?
Seating is assigned. You can sit with or close to the UMass group in the Area 4 (1580 E Colorado Blvd grandstand).