Hall of Fame Nominations
In 1993 the Minuteman Band Alumni Association instituted the Minuteman Marching Band Hall of Fame to recognize those who have made contributions and truly embody “Power and Class”.
We are asking you to help us to recognize individuals who have made truly exceptional contributions and/or performed extraordinary service to the Minuteman Marching Band at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
Individuals nominated to the Hall of Fame must be of excellent character and have performed extraordinarily in service to the Minuteman Band.
Nominations will be solicited from all band alumni, band supporters and members of the Hall of Fame. An individual must be nominated by someone other than himself or herself.
Nominations must contain a rationale for consideration and other pertinent biographical information:
- To the best of your knowledge, please provide current contact information for your nominee.
- Explain why you feel this candidate should be considered for induction in the Minuteman Band Hall of Fame.
- Please document the nominee’s background with, and contributions to, the Minuteman Marching Band.
- In your nomination letter, include your contact information along with your signature and the date you completed and submitted this letter.
- You may nominate:
- One candidate who is a former band member (having graduated or transferred from the university at least 5 years ago), and/or,
- One person who is not a band alumnus/a, but has significantly contributed to the Minuteman Marching Band over a period of many years.
- Include any letter(s) of support from any person who also supports your nominee.
This year’s nominees will be announced during Homecoming Weekend and the honoree(s) later recognized at Band Banquet at the end of the year.
We look forward to receiving and reviewing your submissions.
Any questions regarding criteria and nomination procedures, please contact the committee.